SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:15:27 -0400
On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:34:53 -0100, Kuty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It seems that I might be able to "squeeze in" a liveaboard during the week
>of Nov. 25 to Dec. 2.  As Feesh warned me that the Cayman Agressor is not
>the best place to be at that time, I consider the boats of Turks and
>Caicos.  The contestants are:
>
>Wind Dancer - GRAND TURK
>Sea Dancer - PROVIDENCIALES
>Turks & Caicos Aggressor - PROVIDENCIALES

Unfortunately, there is NO CONTEST for your week!

The Wind Dancer is fully booked.
The Sea Dancer is "down" that week.

That leaves the T&C Aggressor which still have cabins available.

>Questions:
>1. Is the weather reasonable there at this time of the year?

According to the Aggressor Fleet's office, the "best time" to dive
the T&C is between April and September.  Almost all of my 8-9
liveaboard trips there were in May, June, or July.  Did run across
bad WINDY conditions in the other times I went in March (Spring
Break).

>2. Which of the three is a better choice?

Wind Dancer is a better BOAT (toggles between Bay Islands and Grand
Turks -- formerly a Palau boat).  Unless you're a whale-watcher
fan, I believe the diving in T&C is better.

>3. Will anybody from the list be there on that week by any chance?

I would have considered trying the Grand Turk with you had the boat
not been full already.  You've gotta plan AHEAD in booking dives on
the Caribbean liveaboards!

>4. Any other comments about this destination? in this particular time of
>the year?

That's not a bad time to dive Cozumel!  Want to have a mini-NEDfest
there?  :-)

-- Bob.