SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
Joel Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:22:11 -0800
Sherry,

I figured I would add my 2 cents, First of all you seem pretty sure you
don't want to be a Padi instructor I would like to know why that is? I
am a Padi instructor and have never had any problems with s you put it
"teaching room". I teach at a shop with one other Padi instructor, and
one SSI instructor the agencies in my opinion are close in the teaching
methods. Now for a couple of problems with both agencies. First Padi
they are a little more money oriented I mean their phone # is 1
800-729-7234 which is also 1-800 PAY-PADI, but they have great programs
and they are real easy to teach with and have never questioned anything
I have done. One fault I have with SSI and a couple of other agencies is
they will not insure you in certain spots in the world and the states. I
live in Alaska and SSI and NAUI will not insure instructors in Alaska.
That may be another issue you may have. On the other hand Padi will
insure all over the world. I still would like to know why you said you
would not be a Padi instructor?

JOEL