SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:16:14 +1200
Thanks for the imput so far. I know that it takes time and experience. I am just looking toward the future. I loved the instructor that I had but I don't particularly care for the shop's attitude. I am still not advanced certified and we started it May 13th. I know its been the weather, boat blowing up, van engine blowing up but there attitude is oh well lets try next month. There was a lot of pretty weekends in between but they wouldn't take us out. So now I have to ask myself do I still want to continue with this shop. We will don't, I want what I paid for and that is service. They have certified about 10 open water since we have been trying to get advance certified. I don' know if I will ever want to teach but I want the option if I do then I want it with the agency I have been with. I know instructors don't make much money that is not why I even thought about it. I just think there should be more women instructors, at the store that I have been going there is only one and the men that she has taught that I have seen doesn't give her much respect, but then she plays with them as well.
I would have been more comfortable with someone I could relate too at the beginning, someone that could understand me. Lets face it guys and I know you all will agree that most men don't understand women. We think way differently than you do. I was going to go with this other shop but after Saturday's dive I don't think so. The girl that came out scared should have told if it doesn't feel right "DON'T DO IT". I would like to stay with the same instructor but he does mostly open water. So now we are shopping around. I am off my soap box for now gentlemen.
Cheers
Sherry