HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 4

From:
Benji York <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:54:38 -0500
Whitlock, Joseph L wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> I'm not aware of any direct access from perl into IMAGE/SQL.
>
> I would be VERY interested if HP or Third party does provide this
> kind of access.
[snip]

I'm currently working on IMAGE/SQL access direct from Python/iX.  When
(and if) I get it working, others should be able to adapt the code to
interface to Perl, etc.

This brings up a question:  How should I structure the DBEs?  I'm
currently leading toward just putting all of the databases I want to
access in a single global DBE, but I'm sure there are some security and
cross-account-access issues with doing this.  If I do split them up (say
one DBE per DB) how can I access two DBs in two different DBEs
simultaneously (e.g. to do a join on them)?  Anyone with IMAGE/SQL
experience that would like to comment?

Benji York
Information Technology Department
Calsonic North America, Inc.