HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 3

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:27:25 -0400
At 10:00 AM 06/19/00, Nick Demos wrote:
>I vote for C above and will probably attend both.  However i am not
>convinced
>that January/February is still not a good time for 2002 EVEN if HPWorld
>is in May.

In my private reply to Jeannette, I voted for b) because:

1. It will, as Jeannette pointed out, provide a better spread of
conferences throughout the year.

2. While it will be 20 months between the 2000 and 2001 SIG meetings, the
SIGs can get together with each other and HP at the HP World Conference in
May 2001. I know that things are crazy at HP World, but this would provide
a workable transition from the old meeting schedule to the new one.

3. Option a) does not provide a very good spread between conference dates.
We would have SIG3000 in Feb. 2001, HP World in May 2001, HPWorld in May
2002 and then SIG3000 in Oct./Nov 2002.

3. Option c) is not workable for me, as I simply cannot attend three
conferences in one year.

I do think that, beginning in 2002, Oct./Nov. is better for SIG3000 than
Jan./Feb. because, again, the spread is somewhat more even between dates.

Tom Brandt
SIGWEB Executive Committee.

Tom Brandt
Northtech Systems, Inc.