HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 3

From:
Jeanette Nutsford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanette Nutsford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:25:51 +1200
The SIG3000 Task Force is busy working on preparations for next years
SIG3000 meeting. Depending on the dates chosen, we are hoping we will be
able to hold future SIG3000 meetings at HP Cupertino.

As the main HP World conference will be moving to May in 2001 we need to
decide whether to move the SIG3000 meeting from the current February time
frame or maybe even hold two meetings next year. It is generally agreed that
the SIG3000 meeting in 2002 should be in late October/early November to
enable the 3 main HPe3000 conferences to be more evenly spread throughout
the year, recognising that the December/January time frame is not suitable
for conferences. Solution Symposium in February, HP World in May and SIG3000
in October/November. The big question is - What do we do in 2001?

The three options are -

a)   One SIG3000 meeting in 2001, in February, immediately after the
Solutions Symposium, as it was this year. Advantage is that we will not have
more than a year since the 2000 meeting. Disadvantage is that it will be
close to another conference and we will have 20 months to the meeting in
2002.

b)  One SIG3000 meeting in 2001, in late October/early November. Advantage
is that it will provide a better spread of conferences through the year.
Disadvantage is that it will be 20 months since the 2000 meeting and the
SIG's need to discuss many issues with HP before then.

c)   Two SIG3000 meetings in 2001, one in February and the second in late
October/early November. Advantage is no two SIG3000 meetings will be more
than 12 months apart thereby allowing the SIG's to work more frequently with
HP. Disadvantage is that we will be asking SIG members to attend an extra
meeting in 2001. We could end up with both meetings having small numbers
attending which will lessen the benefit to the members and HP.

Please e-mail Jeanette Nutsford at <[log in to unmask]> with your
preference, a) or b) or c). Please also indicate if you think you might be
able to attend the SIG3000 meeting(s) next year.

I am sending this request to all the SIG lists as well as HP3000-L so please
ignore any extra copies you may receive.

Thank you for your support.

Jeanette Nutsford

On behalf of SIG3000 Task Force.