HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 3

From:
B T Vikram Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B T Vikram Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:17:45 +0530
Hi,

If it is pre-6.5, there can be two limits.
1. Each transaction can be only upto 4 MB. However, when the transaction
size becomes more than this, one should get a 'Stalled Transaction' message,
and the transaction will be automatically rolled back.

2. There is a fixed limit for transaction manager (XM) log, which is 64 MB.
When there are many open transactions in the system, this log file also gets
filled up. When the total logsize about 32 MB (this 32 MB limit is, since we
may rollback all transactions) , one will again get another 'stalled
transaction' message, and IMAGE rolls back all transactions.

In either case, one should get the stalled transaction message before
process abort.

The above limits have been increased in 6.5. The new limit for transaction
size is 32 MB. The default size for XM log size is still 64 MB. However,
this can be configured to higher values using VOLUTIL.
See 6.5 Communicator article 'Large Transactions for IMAGE...' for further
details.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Vikram