HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 1

From:
Mike Church <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:02:32 -0400
Respectfully disagree with CR, MS broke anti-trust law the second they gave
IE away for free.
And yes the did launch a full scale attack to destroy Netscape (i.e. forcing
PC companies to place IE on their systems or loose MS's OS).

Just remember, if you compare the age of aviation to the age of modern
computing, we are at ... oh the early 1940s...

If MS tries this move, it will really hurt their stock price..

If you look at MS's actions vis-à-vis their public statements, they are
gearing up for the break up anyway. Consider it a three for one split...

Just my humble opinion....

mc

Mike Church
Technical Support Manager
Information Services
Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
Saint Christopher Drive
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
-----------------------------------
Phone : (606)833-3727
  Fax : (606)833-3342
   Alternate e-mail : [log in to unmask]
 MY URL: http://members.tripod.com/mike_church/
OLBH: http://www.olbh.com
Daily Quote: Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by
washing away from it all that is not gold. -- Tolstoy