HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 1

From:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:26:28 -0700
Greetings!

Well, thanks to everyone who responded and
*especially* Ed Coty we figured it out.  Ed was right on
the money with his solution and put up with countless
followup emails from me asking him further questions.

Anyway here is the solution:
We had to download all of these patches individually:
NSTFDK9A, MPELX31C and MPEJXN9B.  We unpacked these, went into
PATCH\iX and qualified them.  MPEKXY0C and MPEJXN9B both came bundled
with NSTFDK9A because it is dependent upon those two patches.
As you can figure out when I went to qualify the patches in Patch\iX
there were four patches, NSTFDK9A, MPELX31C, MPEJXN9B and MPEKXY0C.
The first three qualified without any problems but the fourth did not.
The good news is, that is not a problem.  MPEKXY0C was superceeded by
MPELX31C therefore we did not need it nor did we want it.  We then cut
the CSLT without a problem.

Again, thanks to Ed Coty (who had prior frustrations with this *exact*
same situation) we were able to get the CSLT tape made.  All that is
left is for the customer to update his system.

Thanks again to all,

Barry Durand