HP3000-L Archives

June 2000, Week 1

From:
Bob Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:46:03 -0500
Joseph,

Thank you for the logical commentary.  I agree with you that capabilities
should be based on duties, not necessarily title.

In the case here, this person can perform ANY of his functions without PM or
SM capability.  Several may take him a little longer, but it's work he only
has to perform once a month or so.  I can't justify giving him SM capability
on our production box just for this.  In fact, I've offered to help.

Boy, I could just see the auditors' faces now if I explained why I gave SM
cap to this person. . . for a function performed monthly.  Yikes!

Thanks again sir!  Your contributions to the list are appreciated my me, and
I would imagine many others.   :-)

Regards,

Bob Sorenson