SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:52:44 -0400
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:26:56 GMT, K. Blessin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>From: David Strike <[log in to unmask]>

>>On Friday, June 30, 2000 4:59 PM, Kat Blessin wrote:
>I couldn't perhaps convince everyone to do a
>> > liveaboard in Thailand or Malaysia?  (twist your arms and all that).
>>
>>Now it's funny that you should mention that! <G>  Viv's also been talking
>>about doing something along those lines -

Wot about ME?  <G>  I've heard that ... a dozen times already?  :-)

>>but not until next year!

So you've squandered all your play-dough on wine, wimmin and a new car
eh?  :-)

>>(I don't know about anyone else, but taking one of the
>>Thai liveaboards up to Burma really appeals!  THIS IS A HINT!)  :-)

Talk, talk, talk ... that's all I hear from you.  You're, as we say
in Redneckese, "slower than molasses on a cold day" to put talk into
ACTION.  :-)  :-)

>I'm up for talk about the livaboard if anyone else wants to join - and for
>the GBR later on.

I haven't cancelled my AIR reservations YET, to the fizzed out Y2K
CainesNEDfest in Oct/Nov.  If you can round up a GBR mini-fest with
Huw (NOT Hugh!!!  FUC 6.2), I may hop back on the plane yet.  :)

>Talking about a new place to spend the new year, I've been on a different
>continent for the last few.  Here in Britain this year, Hawaii the year
>before and the year before that Toronto.

Been to those Global SLUMS this year!  :-)  Hawaii twice already, and
the damned traffic court judge tries to get me back there a 3rd time
just because I forgot to renew my expired driver's license while
SPEEDING in a 35 mph zone!  :-)

>This year it's Sydney

I would have, had Strike not pulled the rug from downunder me.  <BG>

>Neat, eh? I'm going to try to keep the pattern going.

Me too!

>I just, at this moment, got back from posting my passport to the Oz High
>Com. so cross your fingers, let's hope it all goes right.
>
>>We'll probably do just that - from a  grey, cold and windswept Sydney!
:-)

>Somehow Strike, I can't seem to muster up any sympathy for you...now why
>would that be??? :)

Respect for the OLD folks?   :-)))

Tahiti, Moorea, Raiatea, Huahine, Bora Bora ... heeeeeeeere I come!

-- Bob ogLING.  :)