SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:42:08 -0400
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:42:21 -0500, stoney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Actually, Bob, I was ASKING, not telling anyone what to post.

Like this?

Stoney > I've been out of
Stoney > school way too long for the childish stuff.

You've been out of touch with LISTS and the Open Forum too long.

Hey, I hadn't thought of that polite way of ASKING anyone.

>But, since
>you so kindly told me how to avoid the messages, here's a suggestion for
>you...get over it.  I was on this list before the mostly welcomed mass
>joining.

Stoney, I excused your Clueless Newbieness when I replied initially.
Gave you a very constructive suggestion on how you can accomplish
your desire WITHOUT telling (or "asking" ;-)) others what NOT to post
(as in Censorship) that the immigrants here ALL know how to handle
THEIR unwanted posts -- just NOT READ THEM.

I assure you I was on THIS List LONG BEFORE your were.  Whether
you get over it or not, I couldn't care less!

>Quite frankly, your posts seem to be the ones with the "tell the
>other guy what NOT to do" Scuba-Cop Censorship mentality", not mine.

Wake up, kid.

When you tell OTHERS their posts are "childish" and clutter up YOUR
emailer, then you've stepped into the NO-NO Zone.  You have committed
the SAME censorship mentality of Nick and a few others in Scuba-L.

If you don't like it here, move over there.

-- Bob.