SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 08:49:44 -0500
.<SNIP>
> > Really?  I use this product too, once so far.  How did you apply it,
directly  in the O-Ring channels, or just to the exterior of the camera? Do
you think this would have similar affect on primary and second stages? Other
equipment?

> > Anyone else have experiences with Salt Away?

Take a piece of glass.  Put a stripe of Nikonons grease, a stripe of Sea an
Sea grease, and a stripe of o-ring grease on the glass.
Spray with salt away.  The Nikonos grease will dissolve the others will not.
Simple experiment easy to do.

CH

PS:  $1500 to rebuild the RS.