SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:03:35 -0400
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:58:45 -0400, Huw Porter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:46:13 -0400, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Thanks.  I wrote it tonight.
>>

>You mean this morning! <wink>

I think he mean tomorrow night.  <BG>

>Listserv trivia Qn: Do the times that are reported on postings
>reflect the current time in Chatanooga (sic), (where Raven is
>physically located, right?

Nope, it depends on the clock on the POSTING AGEMT.

For example, even though you said you're at GMT +0900, your post
shows GMT -0400.

On the other hand, Strike's posts show GMT +1000 (are you sure
you are both in Sidney and 1 hr apart?  Didn't think Sidney is
THAT big, or your local posting agents that far apart.  :-))

By the same token, when the Krazy Kiwi posts, it depends on the
POSTING AGENT she uses at the time.  It sometimes shows -0400,
sometimes +0800, ... , she's everywhere.  :-)

Sherry's posts show GMT +1200.

Thus, before TODAY (here GMT -0400) is over, I'll be seeing Strike's
posts dated TOMORROW May 30.  :-)

>) And if so, what is the time difference between that and GMT?

Chattanooga is GMT -0400

>Cheers,
>Huw
>--
>Sydney, Australia, 9 hours ahead of GMT
>www.huwporter.com

You are really GMT +1000, I sink.  :-)

In the voice of Brian Gelfand the Arrogant playing in his sandbox:
"Who cares"?

Judging from this thread alone, not to mention the original thread
in which his Clueless Newbieness showed, I guess at least a few of
the regulars do care, if not only for the sake of INTELLECTUAL
curiosity.

-- Bob.