SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:48:13 -0400
The MASS exodus of Scuba-L regular posters from Scuba-L to Scuba-SE
took place on May 23, the day AFTER Nick's May 22 "Tuesday Massacre".

On May 26, I noticed some INTERESTING NUMBERS (afterall, that's my
profession!) and posted this in Scuba-L:

> Before the Scuba-L migration (most in protest of Nick's tyranny)
> there, these were to TOTAL number of posts in Scuba-SE:
>
> September 1999:     1    "subscribe"
> October   1999:     0
> November  1999:     2    Off Topic posts in "Fw: Very Dangerous Virus"
> December  1999:     0
> January   2000:     0
> February  2000:     0
> March     2000:     0
> April     2000:     4    "Anybody there"  twice;
>
> Mr. Simicich, is THAT what you want Scuba-L to be?
>
> MAY 2000:   The past TWO days, since the "Tuesday Massacre" in
>             Scuba-L by Nick ...
>
>             ABOUT 200 posts ...

Nick snipped the numbers in his reply:

>>Finally, for those who are so preoccupied by counts, here are a
>>couple of interesting FACTOIDS (in the same Scuba-SE archives):

  <The "counts" there referred to Nick counts on his "strikes">

>>Mr. Simicich, is THAT what you want Scuba-L to be?
>
> You are making a classic mailing list mistake.  You are mistaking
> quantity for quality. I doubt that we will drop that much.

Yeah, I doubt it'll drop to ZERO too.  Nick's TWO periodic postings
a month would make that at least 2.  :-)

But it's GETTING THERE!

In Week 4 (June 22 - June 28), there was a TOTAL of 28 posts in
Scuba-L, 5 of which by Sherry, FOUR of the FIVE were identical
postings INITIATED by Sherry in BOTH Scuba-SE and Scuba-L.

ONE of Sherry's intiated post ("Serious Question") generated 5
follow-ups in Scuba-L.

Readers can judge for themselves the QUALITY and QUANTITY of
the posts in Scuba-L this lastest WEEK.

Now that Sherry has announced in Scuba-SE ("Posting on only one"):

> This is the list I will post to all my friends are here.

Scuba-L is well on its way to the days of FORMER Scuba-SE, as long
as Nick is there running Scuba-L:

> April     2000:     4    "Anybody there"  twice;

-- Bob.