SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
"K. Blessin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:22:04 GMT
Andy wrote:

>What ???? You must be on drugs Kat, & cheap ones at that :-) Lemme see,
>shore dive, cost (apart from getting there) is nothing. RIB dives cost me
>UK£5 a dip, air fill to 232bar is UK£1.50 & UK£0.50 for me
>donkey.....significantly less than last week in Sharm !!!

Ummm, but you're assuming I have all my equipment and live near the sea!
Went I dived Portland last year not only did I have to pay for the dives and
the hotel for 3 days, but also transportation, food, equipment etc.  It came
out to well over £200 just for 3 days.  Just the dives themselves might be
competitive with Egypt, but it's all the other stuff around it.  It makes a
difference when you pay in Egyptian pounds for all the other stuff.  I am
essentially living out of a backpack so I own no equipment and at that time
I had no car. (which I'm now selling, so if anyone wants a to buy Robbie the
fantastic Renault, he's yours for a mere £1000)

For those on the list following my trips (not many I suppose, but hey!)I now
have a departure time.  My contact at Newsforce is up at the end of
September, so I'm spending October, Nov and Dec in SE Asia before joining
Huw and others in Sydney.  Weeee!  Check out my website for updates (the
site is actually just for family, but you all are close enough!)

BTW, have you and Tracy set a date yet?

Cheers
Kat
www.geocities.com/katcalls_76