SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:09:49 -0400
On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:59:54 -0400, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Sherry wrote:
>
>> I did not know it was bad habit to post on both so I will refrain from
>posting thank you for letting me know. I am sorry
>> to offend anyone with my bad manners.
>
>Sherry, many of us are here because we could not tolerate the censorship
>that was being imposed on Scuba-L.  Just as we would not stand for it
there,
>most of us will resist it here as well.

True.  This is NOT a question of censorship on what Sherry does with
her OWN original contributions.   She can post in as many different
groups as she pleases.

But as soon as she uses MY posting, e.g., in one group, and post it
(obviously OUT OF CONTEXT) in another group, then it becomes
IRRESPONSIBLE and ANTI-NETIQUETTE action with someone ELSE's material.

Lee, you obviously don't seem to know the difference between those
two.  You comment BELOW does not apply to the situation ABOVE.

>You post when and where you want.
>That's what the lists are for and what they're all about.  You may find
that
>some will be critical, some will be supportive and most will be neutral.
>Let them be what they chose.  You be what you chose.
>
>Lee

-- Bob.