SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:53:34 -0400
Sherry wrote:

I am turning 40 and for some reason for me its bothering me. This is an old
question not really wanting an answer: Why is it that when men grow old get
some wrinkles, they look distinguish. But when women get old they look like
hags?

It's our reward for having looked plain for so many years.  As near as I can
tell, 40 was no big deal, at least not the big deal I felt it was going to
be.  Come to think of it, 50 wasn't too bad either.  My wife turns 40 this
year and, aside from a really big party, I don't expect she'll feel much
different either.  As for turning into a hag, I don't think so.  She's still
as beautiful as they day we were married, to me.  Love's kind of funny that
way.

Oh yes, she's still my favorite dive buddy.

Lee