SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:26:53 -0400
On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:39:46 -0800, Kent Lind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Much as I hate to admit it, I gotta agree with Bob on this one.

Thanks for your grudging compliment there.  :-)  Hey, I even agree with
YOU when you're in the right.  <BW>

I never have any problem with anyone who reads what I HAVE TO SAY with
an open mind, whether they agree or not, IMHO (Kent will say that
never happens -- I said it for you <G>).

>Cross-posted discussions are a pain to follow and it is unfair to forward
>someone's comments from one list to another list where they are not a
member.
>That is what you are doing when you post your replies to both lists.
>
>I don't have a real problem with cross posting for certain types of
>announcements that are intended to reach as wide of an audience as possible
such
>as a news release of wide interest.  But for the normal chit chat that
occurs on
>these lists I think it is more considerate to keep your posts on one list
or the
>other.
>
>-Kent-

I agree, except an amendment to the "chit chat" part.  It's especially
important NOT to cross-post anything in any SERIOUS discussion in which
information exchange may be seriously hampered in the sense Kent expressed.

-- Bob.