SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:41:49 +1000
On Friday, June 02, 2000 12:45 PM, Mike Wallace wrote:

Quinn wrote:
> > <expletive>... And I thought I had something helpful to offer!  :-!

> You did. Maybe someone else reading this will not do it. Actually, I used
> some stuff last year that a guy had that is a sun block product in a stick
> form that is not petroleum based that worked well on for leaking
'stache....
> I neglected to get the name though and have not been able to find it
since.
> Now I'm on the quest again.... If I run across it, I'll give you a
shout...

It's probably a trite thing to say - so, please, nobody throw rocks at me
for stating the bleeding obvious<g> - but some folk have a tendency to have
their mask straps too tight.  If the mask leaks, they then tighten the
straps still further in an attempt to seat the mask more firmly on the face
and prevent leaking.  Usually this has the reverse effect as it contorts the
skirt.  A lot of problems with 'leaky' masks are often resolved by loosening
the mask strap! :-)

Of course, when facial hair is the issue a sinus problem generally sorts
everything out! :-)

Strike