SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Michael Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:49:43 -0400
On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:09:53 GMT
"K. Blessin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm in the UK at the moment and want to buy my personal gear soon.  Before I
> hit Sydney at the end of the year I'll be in Vancouver, Canada and then a
> month in Thailand.  In your experience, or anyone else's, where is it
> cheapest to buy equipment?  I've heard that there are large fluxutations
> (sp?) in prices between North America and the UK, which I can believe with
> the currency exchange among other factors.  Are there the same differences
> between buying in Asia or Oz as opposed to NA or in the UK?  I always
> thought that the diving industry is mostly done in US dollars, but that's
> just from my (limited) diving experiences.  I'm of course willing to do all
> the research myself, but if anyone has any recommendations I would
> appreciate it..

Kat,

"cheapest" may give the wrong impression......
I hope you are looking for the best price on top level gear?

I think right here in Southern Ontario has a store with the best
pricing around... they use a conventional markup ratio not a Scuba
inflated ratio.  ;-)
People even come across the border from the US to buy gear.

The store carries USD, ScubaPro, Seaquest, Oceanic, Zeagle, DUI among
others.
If you contact me privately with what you are looking for I would be
more than willing to get pricing from them for you.

Pricing is in Canadian dollars too......  ;-)

Michael
--
Divers know the true meaning of peace of mind.