SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:40:37 +1200
Hi Gang,
   Well we did our dive here in New Zealand for the part of the world record. We had a great time; there were 11 of us at Tairua (on the Coromandel Peninsula). We saw a small Eagle Ray; it was just sitting there on the bottom in about 9 meters of water. You can see him just staring at you; he started to get a little upset with us hovering over him so we left. Saw a lot of Cray's that everyone else caught but didn't see any under the water. Saw a lot of blue Mao Maos; also saw some octi tentacles. My buoyancy is getting better, some were surprized that we were still just open water. That made me feel so good, that we didn't look like novices, since we were the only open water divers there. Most of them has years of experience on us, but that was terrific!!! Look for pictures of us at this dive on my site. I will be up dating and adding new things all the time. I still have not gone to Poor Knights yet but they are next.
Cheers
Sherry and Tim