SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:06:06 +0800
This morning the alarm clock went off at 6am .. I peaked out .. it was pitch
black & bloody cold .. so I hit the snooze button & dived back under the
feather doona. 10 mins later it blared again & I went thru the same routine
again.. and again. Finally got up at 6:45 coz I had to dash off to pick Max
up after his bus trip down from Exmouth. He just finished a liveaboard trip
on Sea Trek & Im batting my eyelids at him now to write me up a little trip
report for our UW photo club newsletter. Last year Max met up with Strike &
Co. at Shelly beach, after his dive trip with me to Coral Bay, but didnt
dive. This year he may get wet over East as he has his drysuit this time :-)
He's off to Tasmania the end of June .. so will celebrate his birthday in OZ
this year instead of the usual Layang-Layang spot due to the hostage problem
for Sipadan.

Ive been doing my best to get Max onto the list for awhile, so here is my
mate Max with a little banter.

Hi every body. I am called max the steinfisch.(stonefish) also known as
lumber jack

Great to be back in Australia after a long and cold winter in Zuerich,
Switzerland.
My Kiwi mother vivien saved me from getting lost in perth after i quick
chanced my minde not to go to borneo
but to West australia. She yust came back from Fiji wehn i sendet her my sos
mail. She organised in a very
short time my trip from perth to coral bay.

After a wonderfull time there, I got a lift to shark bay to enter a live
aboard called sea treck, to stay
on a 10 days trip all the way north to exmouth. And i can tell you i have
never seen so many big fish like
12 manta rays together at snaper bank. A wale shark during scuba diving
hiden behinde a scool of snappers yust
in company of a large potato code. Or 5 two meter in size queensland
groupers covered in hunderds of pilot
fish. Or taking at least 250 pictures of sometimes follwing us whale sharks.
That's yust a fraction of wath i
could see on this trip. The crew was great and the grok free. We wehre 9
divers from germany, switzerland,
austria and japan. We allmost wehre in action all day.
Well two of my then week holiday have been allready gone. I stay at viviens
wonderfull place at the time and relax. Having baby baramundy at harris
seafood bar and grill. Next thing will be, hiring a car and driving
south to dive there and visiting the giant karri tree forest. Before i will
take off to sydney and tasmania.

I hope you have also a very good time and lots of suneshine....Max.

    Viv &     Only when the last tree has died     o  ___
    Fluffy    and the last river been poisoned     o /@  \/
   (=*_*=)     and the last fish been caught        >  )::
             will we realise we cannot eat money.    \___/\
Chief Seattle, Chief of the Swamish Native Americans