SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 15:07:15 +1000
On Saturday, June 10, 2000 11:17 AM, Wayne McKenzie wrote:

> The following was in the back pages of todays Vancouver Province
newspaper.
> I was wondering if anyone in eastern Canada knew anything more about it.

> Tobermory, Ont.- A man was killed in a blast, at a diving club here
> yesterday, possibly caused by an exploding tank of compressed gas. The
> clubhouse was badly damaged.

Hi, Wayne!  I read Mike's follow-up post with the newspaper report, but it
was still short on detail.  It'd be interesting to know if the dive
operation pumped gas other than compressed air?  If you wouldn't mind
posting them as they come to hand, I'd certainly be interested in any follow
up accounts of what actually ocurred.

Also - and as an aside - what are the cylinder testing requirements in
Canada in terms of a VIP as opposed to hydrostatic tests?

Strike