SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2000

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:09:39 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Crusty Russ" <[log in to unmask]>

> Jeff Kell wrote:
> >
> > "Quinn H." wrote:
> > >
> > > what's Dimenhydrinate?
> >
> > An antihistimine, medically speaking.  The active ingredient in
> > Dramamine, Triptone, Marmine, and many other 'motion sickness'
> > remedies.
> >
> > Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
>
> ...and it makes me very drowsy... The active ingredient in Bonine AND in
> the non-drowsey Dramamine II formula is meclizine hydro chloride.  In my
> opinion, it is equally as effective and no drowseyness.  Usually 1/2
> tablet will take the edge off of nausea for 24 hours of relief.

I am definitely a fan of Bonine.... but I take it differently than many
folks do. I tend to need to take one tablet per day starting three days
before I go out and then two on the day before I go out and one that
morning. If I do this routine then I do get any indication of seasickness.
If I vary this at all, then I am assured to get sick. One interesting aspect
of my routine is that normally, If i get any indication that someone else is
sick and must feed the fish then I most definitely will too, unless I follow
my above routine.... as long as I don't deviate then I can stand right next
to while you feed the fish and not be bothered.......

Methinks that this might be partially in me noggin', but even if this is the
case, I'll continue to be doin' this! :-)

Mike