HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 4

From:
Ian Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 07:19:19 GMT
Neil Harvey wrote:

> I ask this because several clients are under pressure to improve backup
> times, and DLT is such an expensive option (especially here in South
> Africa).

With regard to DLT, if you work on the basis that time saved on backup
gives you more time for processing etc is it REALLY a more expensive
option?

The short term view will be that it IS expensive but taken with the long
term view it will probably be a cheaper solution...... and just so much
more efficient (providing machine config is right!)

Just my 2p worth.

Regard
Ian
Ian Sargent
Education & Training Consulting Services Ltd
email:  [log in to unmask]
www:  http://www.etcs.co.uk
Tel/Fax: 44 (0)1344 644579