HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 4

From:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 13:33:37 -0500
Honestly, I don't want to upgrade! BUT........According to the 6.5 Communicator on
page 12, "MPE/iX Release 5.5 (which has a projected end-of-support date of
November 1, 2000) and Release 6.0 (which has a projected end-of-support date of
November 1, 2001)....."  Or am I misreading that whole page. Hardware is not the
problem. We run on a 979/400. It is the OS version about which I am concerned.

Our busy season begins about November 1 each year. If our operating system is no
longer supported after November 1 THIS year, I want to make sure we are upgraded
at least to 6.0 and get the kinks worked out BEFORE we hit our busy season. I can
ill-afford system problems at that time of the year.

I also do NOT relish the thought of having to upgrade twice within an 18 month
period of time, which is why I'm not too crazy about going to 6.0 only to have to do
another upgrade next year. Also, my HP ASE recommended the jump from 5.5 to
6.5 and, I believe, did not recommend 6.0....FOR US.   Big :-( ......no he,he,he's
about this!

Cynthia Bridges-Fowler
MIS Operations Analyst
IMC Salt, Inc., a division of IMC Global

>>> "Mike Hornsby" <[log in to unmask]> 05/25/00 01:18PM >>>
DON'T DO IT!  What is it about 5.5pp7 that is a problem? The vast majority
of HP3000s are on 5.5 pp4-7 and don't have any plans to change until after
12/31/2000.
Mike