HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 4

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 10:20:06 -0700
Tracy asks:
> > Can Listserv be trained to notify the recipient when
> > forbidden attachments are stripped, possibly being so
> > smart as to say "Your *.pdl attachment was rejected;
> > only *.txt attachments are accepted by this list."?

I think Jeff said that the choices were to silently strip all (non-text,
non-html) attachments, which is what is currently implemented, or to reject
the posting entirely, which would bounce the message back to the sender.

The problem with the bounce option is that it was felt that some users might
be unable to completely disable some attachments that might be automatically
generated by their client, server, company, or ISP (such as .vcf's etc.),
and thus would not be able to access the list at all.

G.