HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 16:36:05 -0300
I haven't tried anything on Cobol yet.. the manual said - Interprocess
Communication Programmer's Guide - Page 6-5 - "Currently, software
interrupts are not available directly from COBOL or on remote files"

But I did try something in Transact i.e.
/L ALL
    1     SYSTEM PROG0;
    2
    3     DEFINE(ITEM)   PLAB           I(9):
    4                    OLAB           I(9):
    5                    LABEL          X(8),INIT=" PROG2";
    6
    7     A000-START:
    8         LIST PLAB,INIT:
    9              OLAB,INIT:
   10              LABEL;
   11
   12         PROC HPGETPROCPLABEL((LABEL),(PLAB),,,);
   13
   14         EXIT;
   15
/RUN PROG0R

*INFO: UNKNOWN COMPILER STATE [ORD = 255] [0.13] [PROG0]

EXIT/RESTART(E/R)?>
End Run
/
I then checked the error in the HP support page to find SR 5000-427757 which
states that transact cannot call an intrinsic which  requires a character
array as the first parameter. And the workaround is to write a stub in Cobol
or Pascal.
Talk about going in circles I am more confused then when I started.

Gary
(I think it's time to go home and have a beer)