HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:54:07 -0500
Yes to both!

However, what do you think about setting a few new
variables when an ABORTPROC command is received,
before the process actually dies?     Could be used by the
PARENT process when the ABORTPROC CIERR is
detected, or maybe not.

HPABORTPROCBY (Similar to HPSTREAMEDBY)
HPABORTPROCNAME, the name of the process that was aborted.
HPABORTPROCPIN, the PIN that was aborted.

_________________________________
Michael Anderson
Student Services Programmer/Analyst
Spring Independent School District, Houston, Texas, 77090
281.586.1105

>>> "VANCE,JEFF (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <[log in to unmask]> 05/15 5:01 PM >>>
Question 1: does this logic apply to any process aborted, i.e.. what
if a great grandson process is ABORTPROC'd, should JCW/CIERROR be
set, or just for the direct CI descendant process?

Question 2: do you need to distinguish between CIERR 989 (Process
aborted per user request), which I assume is not checked for in
most JCL and the ABORTPROC case.  That is, does ABORTPROC need
to define a new CIERROR value or can we use 989?  Note: a new
CIERROR value also requires a new JCW value.  The high order 2
bits of JCW are reserved for MPE and are cleared each time a process
is run by the CI and are checked each time this process terminates.
If JCW is set to %14xxxxx then CIERR 989 is reported.  If JCW is set
to %10xxxx then CIERR 976 is reported).  I will need a new JCW
value to cause a new CIERROR to be reported in the process ends
due to ABORTPROC.