HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
"Graham, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graham, Robert
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 12:41:09 -0600
<chuckle>

Chip, you are absolutely right!  I supported an office at a very large herein-unnamed aircraft-building firm located in the Seattle area a few years ago.  The Vice President in charge of that office was absolutely adamant that all his reports run in the BQ simply because he was a vice president.  Apparently, he felt his "stuff" was more important that the hundred or so employees that actually USED the system. Became rather spectacularly unpleasant when they didn't, as I recall.

Users can be so weird sometimes, bless their hearts!

Bob Graham
Director of AMISYS Computing Support

"Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers.
Fellow creators the creator seeks--those who write new values on new
tablets.  Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for
everything about him is ripe for the harvest." - Friedrich Neitzsche,
"Thus Spoke Zarathustra"