HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 13:21:09 -0400
I am completely new to setting up Network Printing.  I am using a JetDirect
EX Plus, C2951A Cable from LPQ800 to Jetdirect.  The printer has been
configured as LDev 1427 using IOCONFIG, all looks okay there.  Just did a
very simple NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS,  1427  (network_address = 192.168.4.27).  I am
able to start spooling for the device without error messages.  Printer is
configured for PCL-II and Bi-Tronics and the JetDiect has a flashing
activity light.  When trying to send a spoolfile to printer I am receiving,
"SNMP error SNMPERR_GENERR reported while retrieving printer status.  The
long and short of all this is that I then tried to PING 192.168.4.27  and
get back "Destination Node does not exist: error # 1 Unknown Node.  I am
able to ping every other IP address on the 100BT network.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Brad Frondorf
Berks County 911 - Reading, Pa.