HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 16:27:28 -0400
On 18 May 2000, at 15:11, Gilles Schipper wrote:

> TDP is (or was) an HP purchaseable product.
>
> You might want to try the "free" contributed library program called
> "GALLEY" to print your TDP-formatted file.
>
> It is/was available on the Interex contributed library.
>
> Let me know if you want to try a copy. I can email it to you.

Hi Gilles,

I have managed to get the damn thing out in a readable, if none too
pretty, format using Fantasia.  Since the author of TDP is the author
of Fantasia I guess there is a great deal of similarity.  Fantasia
even has a \TDP command to tell it to properly interpret TDP
formatted files.

Mind you, I have to question the mind that provides documentation in
such an arcane format.  I expect this crap from the Unix crowd, but
MPE???

Even the preformatted cctl version of the manual was apparently
produced for 66 lines per page. This made getting it out via a
laserjet problematic at best. In fact I was never able to do so
successfully, no matter how I went at it.

Regards,
Jim
---   *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
James B. Byrne                Harte & Lyne Limited
vox: +1 905 561 1241          9 Brockley Drive
fax: +1 905 561 0757          Hamilton, Ontario
mailto:[log in to unmask]  Canada L8E 3C3