HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
steve macsisak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steve macsisak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 17:40:33 -0700
12H array and single controller.
"It depends"

Do the math

best normal case
  250 I/Os per second
  each I/O 8192 bytes(typical OLTP)
  250 *8192 =2 mb/s (About)
  No big deal

worst case
  250 I/Os per second
  each I/O 64k bytes(largest single I/O from MPE)
  250*64kb= 16 mb/s (About)
  Too much for single controller

FW controller can do 20 MB/sec but probably limited to about
8-12 MB /sec in real world

Look at performance data from your system to determine what
characteristics
your applications environment has.

Of course your actual mileage will vary...