HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 11:33:37 -0500
I agree, an occasional announcement to this list is not disruptive and
welcomed by many on the list, including myself. And, when a particular
product would solve a problem posted, product information specific to the
post is very appropriate.

However, when a vendor floods the list with repeated posts about their
product it becomes spam. And remember, a company that resorts to spam may
have other nasty habits. Which is why any company that spams me goes to the
bottom of the list when I go shopping.

My personal opinion is that the 3kWorld post volume has reached the level of
spam and so I filter it as much as possible and my delete key works fine for
the rest. Others may not agree and welcome the posts, that is their right.

My response to Shawn was more to the fact that they are a vendor selling a
product and not a support group. It was not meant as an attack on all off
topic posts.