HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

From:
Joseph Dolliver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Dolliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 10:35:35 -0400
A session will start after normal shutdowns without a SYSSTART file. A good
reason for adding a "STARTSESS" to a SYSSTART file is to use a different
logon at the console.
We use on that excludes capabilities like SM,OP,PM. This prevents the
console to be used interactively for running stores,restores and any other
interactive SM function. Basicly setting up a DUMB device that just scrolls
messages. The console "when needed for anything" should be used by
experienced users
only. It's a very useful setup.