HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

From:
Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 09:04:34 -0500
Hi all,
Several of our users stream jobs which create a small printed report.  The
jobs all run as MGR.account.  As MGR, I can view these on the screen using
a simple UDC I created which does a PRINT O!PARM1.OUT.HPSPOOL.  However,
the individual uses do NOT have AM capability, nor do I want them to, so
they can't view the print files their job has created.  (We do not have
SPOOLMATE  or any add-on software to view print files, nor VESOFT to
rearrange security.)

Doing a LISTACCT on the HPSPOOL account, I see ACCESS parameters set to
ANY, for read, write, append, etc.  Same thing for the OUT group of
HPSPOOL.

Is there a (HP) way to grant READ access to these users?

Thanks for your help,
Connie

Connie Sellitto
Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc.