HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 23:51:58 -0400
Jim Phillips wrote:

> I probably should have held this back until Friday, but I needed this
> today....
>
> Of course, I can't vouch for the veracity of these statements, I leave that
> as an exercise for the reader...
>
> 8. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.

Martha Stewart was once married to David Letterman (They got into a tiff
on his show and he ranted at her about how that was the reason they
divorced - and she didn't refute it).

> 16. During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the
> distance.

In the movie "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines", as
terry-thomas runs across the top of the train trying to save his
airplane trapped on top, you can clearly see cooling towers for a nuke
plant in the background. (The movie was set in 1910).