HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 1

From:
Richard Heidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Heidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 09:24:15 -0600
Hello All,

Currently we are using MBFoster ODBCLink to access our Image DB via ODBC. This allows us to webify our data. The problem we're having is a multi-thread error.  It seems that the MBFoster ODBC product doesn't destroy threads properly and there is a 50 thread limit. Using ADO to open the datasets I use a procedure similar to the following:

set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")
rs.open "Select Field1 FROM SomeDataset","ConnectionString to HP3000 Data"
... do some stuff w/ db
rs.close
set rs=nothing

I'm assuming this is correct, but I run out of threads after the very first open. Does anybody out there use MBFoster for Web apps? If so, Did you encounter any problems?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Rich Heidt
Granite School District

PS: Already talked to their support dept., They say its not at all an issue, BUT... It will fixed in the next release... ?!?!?!?!