HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 14:21:22 -0700
Boris Kortiak wrote:

> Ok, we're finally getting around to trying out SENDMAIL/iX (are we last?).
>
> We are running on MPE/iX 5.5 and the latest Power Patch.
>
> I've successfully installed the SYSLOG/iX services.
>
> When I prepare to install SENDMAIL/iX, I find that I do not have /etc/resolv.conf on my system.  I don't even know how or if we are hooked up to the rest of the world.
>
> How do I go about verifying our internet set-up?

Talking to your network administrator would be a good idea.

The netadmin should be able to tell you how much if any connectivity to the
outside world. The same person should also be able to check whether or not your
e3000 is properly configured in a DNS server somewhere (required for
Sendmail!), as well as being able to tell you the proper "domain" and
"nameserver" entries that need to go into RESLVCNF.NET.SYS (which should be
linked to via a symbolic link of /etc/resolv.conf).

- Mark B.