HP3000-L Archives

May 2000, Week 1

From:
Steve Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 09:14:19 -0300
We've been using MS92 happily for about 12 years now, support is excellent,
cost is excellent, and upgrades are painless.

Like Peter, our users do not see the colon prompt, they are instead presented
with a menu system I developed using CI commands only.  This menu provides
some basic user authentication or password protection for our applications.
Also, because it was written in CI, users are allowed to run some basic MPE
commands (SHOWJOB, SHOWOUT).  It also allows the execution of the MS92 host
file transfer program, WS92LINK. I've set  up a MS92 script to prompt for
source filename, and the script automates the file transfer.  For large file
transfers, FTP is the method of choice.

Reflection, being the "cadillac" of termulators, also has that many features,
which I find unnecessary for basic terminal emulation.

Just my $.02 (CDN)

Steve Patterson                         [log in to unmask]
Halifax Port Authority                www.portofhalifax.ca
Halifax, Nova Scotia