SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 08:28:13 -0400
I can't think of anyplace better to get this information, so here goes.  A
friend of mine, who will be reading this posting, is visiting S. Florida in
the near future.  He's asked me for dive operator recommendations.
Unfortunately, most of my local diving is from my own boat.  I know and use
Captain Sands out of Boynton Beach's Dive Shop II, but at present, don't
have enough knowledge of any other operation to be comfortable recommending
for or against them.  Since I've mentioned him, I'll put a plug in for
Captain Sands.  He runs one of the best operations I've ever used and I
recommend him without reservation.

OK, enouigh background.  I need recommendations for and against S. Florida
operators and, while you're at it, recommendations for and against sites to
visit.  I'm interested only in Boynton Beach to Miami at the moment with
primary interest in Broward County.  The friend will be staying in
Hallandale.  While I have no problem with someone recommending him/herself,
please be courteous enough to tell me that's what you're doing.  For what
it's worth, I'll be diving with my friend as often as possible, leaving me
with better information the next time someone asks me for advice.

You are welcome to respond to this list or directly to me as you prefer.

Lee