SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2000

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 18:12:28 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Ward" <[log in to unmask]>

> What I'm looking for:
> I'm hoping to learn more about cave and wreck diving, so any pointers in
> the right direction would be appreciated.  I'm also continuing my
education
> more into the technical fields with TDI, already Nitrox, working on AdvEAN
> and Gas Blending right now, Trimix and rebreathers soon after and
somewhere
> along the way my instructors cert.

Yo' Chrios, welcome to Scuba-SE. As Carl mentioned check out the GUE site
for cave training info. There are a couple of GUE instructors on the west
coast. My advice would be to seek them out. What ever you do, don't do the
fast track course. Do Cavern and Intro and take some time at the intro level
and do plenty of dives before you go on to full cave. Should you come out
east to do your cave training, I can highly recommend Pat Watson.

Mike