HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:23:48 -0700
Hi, Cary

1. Are you use WDS Compass ?
2. Do you have screen/Program #1..#3?

If yes on #2 question, then
My first bet is the Qwebs + Javalin Terminal emulator
to NS/VT to webifying terminal emulation on your application..

The following briefly describes the steps we want to undertake:

  1.. Allow customers to 'inquire' into the status of orders placed with our company.
  2.. Allow customers to actually create future orders directly into our system.
  3.. Allow our accounts receivable department to create invoices for the customer orders.

We are currently running an HP3000 series 987/200 with version 5.5.07 of MPE/ix operating system.  The data resides in image/sql databases and in Speedware created reports. Step 1 must be done as quickly as possible to satisfy our Corporate Headquarters' directive.

Please provide any information you can regarding "webifying" the HP3000, and any supplier that I might contact regarding custom applications on the WEB that will satisfy our needs.

Thanks.

Curtis Hindman
Information Systems Manager
GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc.
1150 W Bradley Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020  USA
(619)258-5030
fax (619)258-5032
e-mail [log in to unmask]

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal, professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.