HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 00:02:50 EDT
I wrote just a moment ago:

> However, much has happened since 1987 and if you wish a relatively unbiased
>  account of the very recent developments in this long-running controversy,
go
>  to the ABC News website ("http://abcnews.com") and type in the phrase
>  "evolution education" in the search slot. There is a fair amount of
>  information there regarding the last several years.

Taking my own advice, I tried the ABC News' search engine and found that it
doesn't work as I said it did. If you're truly interested in reading this
material, start here instead, at the New Mexico story:

  http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/evolution991008.html

and then go to the bottom of the page and press the SEEK button. The search
engine will then properly pick up a very large number of similar stories
concerning recent developments, most of which center around what is and what
is not to be taught in public schools.

Wirt Atmar