HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:42:43 -0500
Unfortunately, out of the box a DDS autoloader will be a little difficult to
use with only TURBOSTORE.  What you need to do is place it in sequential mode
and manually load the first tape.   The only way that TURBOSTORE can use an
autoloader is in sequential mode.

The only one product on the HP e3000 that can use an autoloader (or any DLT
library for that matter) in random mode, is our product.

In your case, after the initial CSLT is created, the tape is unloaded and put
offline but since by default the autoloader is in random mode, it is not
ejected and the next one loaded.  Placing it in sequential mode should do the
trick.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com