HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:20:50 -0400
Robert Mills wrote:

> Cary,
>
> WRQ have released a version of their Reflection Terminal Emulator that works
> across the Internet. We are currently looking at it for use here and its
> looking as if it will satisfy our requirements.
>
> Regards,
> Robert W.Mills (Windsong Services)

I don't see a problem here.  Our 3000 works with Reflection (Ver. 6)
over the
Internet using Vt.mgr.  It works like any other PC with Reflection
EXCEPT
you could be hit with a delay because of Internet traffic.  Of course
the
speed of your Internet connection is also a factor (we use a cable
modem).
In summary if:

1:  you want to use the PC like a local terminal.
2.  And your Internet connections are fast enough for you,
there is no problem with the recent (last two years?) versions of
Reflection.

Good luck.

Nick D.