HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
Carl McNamee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl McNamee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:33:52 -0500
I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.  I need a
utility that can map out how the primaries and secondaries are laid out in a
dataset.  We have some master datasets that we believe are getting large
groupings, hence numerous secondaries, due to the layout of the key and
performance on these datasets is really bad.

HOWMESSY is cool but it does not show what we need.  The utility should
layout a report that has the block and the layout of the primary records and
secondary records within it.  An example that we thought up would be:

Block   Record
1       PPSSPSPPPSSPPPS
2       PP
3       PPS
4       PPSPSPPSSSSPP

Does anyone know of a utility that can something like this?

Carl McNamee
Systems Administrator
Billing Concepts