HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
"Simonsen, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simonsen, Larry
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:33:09 -0600
In my opinion the thing that kills 3000s is not time but os upgrade
complexity.  The manual for version 6.5 upgrade is about 1" thick.  Can I
give this to a plant manager who currently just changes the tapes for each
nightly backup and ask him to upgrade the os?  No way.  For his NT server it
is put in the cd and update.   As a result of this systems go on older and
older version of the OS and then die.  Why can we not make it simpler to
patch and update systems?

Larry Simonsen                Phone: 801-489-2450
Flowserve Corporation     Fax: 801-491-1750
PO Box 2200                    http://www.Flowserve.com
Springville, UT 84663      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect, in no way, those of my
employer.