HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 3

From:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:01:45 -0400
There are a bunch of third party products that handle this but there is a
quick'n dirty way to do it all on the e3k if you don't need to merge to many
documents.

We do this sort of thing using environment files. First you need to create
your graphic in the PC application of choice. Then using the PC driver for
the printer you're using (or any PCL 5 pc driver), print the graphic to a
file.

FTP the file to your e3k type bytestream. Using frombyte.hpbin.sys, convert
the file to fixed binary. With display characters on, remove the last 12
characters of the file and insert the PCL escape sequences to move the
cursor back to the top right.

Convert the file back to bytestream with tobyte.hpbin.sys.

Set a file equate "FILE PRNTFILE;DEV=LP,8,1;ENV=MYENV.MYGROUP.MYACCT"

Print your document. If all goes well your graphic and data should print
merged on the same page.

Cheers,

Peter Osborne
Carleton Technologies Inc.